What is Microblading ?
Microblading (also known as Eyebrow Embroidery , 3D Hairstrokes or Hairstroke Eyebrows) is a semi permanent eyebrow procedure that is carried out by a qualified technician. It involves using a specialised manual hand-tool that holds a disposable microblade and is pulled gently across the skin, leaving behind individual tiny hair strokes that mimic your own natural hairs.
What does my appointment involve?
- When you arrive, you will have an initial consultation. The consultation involves the explanation of the procedure, assessing your current eyebrows and skin type as well as establishing your desired shape.
- You will then be asked to fill out an informed consent form.
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to your skin and left to sit for approximately 25 minutes.
- Once the anesthetic has come off, your natural eyebrows will be shaped ( We take care not remove your own hairs) and a new shape will be drawn on with a waterproof pencil. This shape is then tweaked until approved by you.
- The microblading takes place after this, and generally takes around 45 minutes to perform.
- You will then leave with a touch-up appointment date , aftercare gift pack (including instructions, ointment and a step-by -step of the healing process) and an amazing new set of eyebrows.
How does it work?
The specially mixed pigment is deposited into the superficial dermis layer of the skin with a sterile disposable microblade which allows the technician to create bespoke, crisp hair strokes which look like natural eyebrow hair.
How does it differ from tattooing?
Microblading differs from conventional permanent tattooing by both method and longevity. Microblading is a manual procedure. When using a hand-held micro blade, the colour is deposited closer to the surface than when a machine is used leaving very fine and crisp hair strokes with no spilling under the skin. Because of how superficially the colour is implanted – we can therefore deem Microblading as a semi-permanent procedure.
How long does the pigmentation last?
Microblading requires a 4-6 week touch up following the first procedure. After which it tends to last between 12-24 months depending on how your skin heals. After this period of time, you may need a colour boost or refresher annually.
In what case is a person unable to have Microblading done?
Microblading is not suited to anyone undergoing chemotherapy , radiation or acne treatment. Use of any blood thinners, acne treatment or heart medication and certain chronic medications. Pregnant women CANNOT be microbladed under any circumstances.
Does it hurt?
Like all semi-permanent procedures , microblading will require a topical anaesthetic which can be topped up throughout the procedure making it relatively painless.
**Please inform us prior to your appointment if you are allergic to Lidocaine or Tetracaine , if you are pregnant or nursing or if you have any auto-immune diseases such as diabetes or HIV.
Can I wear makeup ?
Yes, although NO makeup will be allowed on your eyebrows until the scabbing is completed, Roughly +- 10 days. Eyeshadow and foundation around the brow area is advised against.
How long does it take to heal?
Healing time differs from person to person. Scabbing usually lasts around 10 days , in which the eyebrows need to be kept clean of any creams and makeup. Once your scabs have come off naturally and the brows appear much lighter, penciling/filling in can resume until your touch-up at 6 weeks ( Thereafter the same 10 days applies ).
How much does it cost?